Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Words to live by!

My S-I-L said that she asked her father, a doctor, weight loss advice and this is what he told her: "I'll tell you the 5 words I used to tell all my patients: Eat Less Fat, Walk More". How simple is that?

The body needs about 2000 calories a day. Yes, 2000. However, this is for maintaining where you are, if you want or need, to be less...then you have to calculate what your caloric intake should be.

Here is a great site to check out and to help you find how many calories a day you can have:



You can, also, try this one:



Now, it is important to be honest...if you are inactive, please put that! Otherwise, it will calculate a number that is off by several hundred calories and that could be the difference in a pound lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment